Living in a golden age of technology as we do, it’s a given that most of us have a number or electronic devices to pack when moving. Computers, tablets, video game systems, stereo equipment and televisions are all high-dollar investments, and you want to make sure those investments are not damaged when moving. Here are 10 tips to consider when packing electronics for your big move.
1. Follow manufacturers’ advice for packing electronics and storing them as well. They know the most about what it takes to protect the product. Consult the owner’s manual or manufacturer’s Web site for details.
2. If possible, save the original boxes and packing materials for repacking. Otherwise, you won’t find packing materials that fit as well.
3. If the original packing is not available, start with these essentials: sturdy cartons, newsprint for wrapping things up, tape, scissors and felt-tip markers to number and label each box.
4. When you disassemble electronics such as computers, stereos and other devices with numerous cords, place small colored stickers on each cord and the same color sticker where the cord connects to the device. This will save you the hassle of trying to figure out what goes where when you reassemble your electronics.
5. Sensitive electronics such as computers and TVs may need to be stored in climate-controlled units. Seek advice from the manufacturer or your storage facility.
6. To reduce the chance of attracting unwanted attention from potential thieves, place small, expensive items such as stereo equipment, TVs and camcorders in unmarked boxes. At your storage facility, you can place these items out of view toward the back of the storage unit.
7. To minimize damage caused by dust inside electronic devices, wrap electronics in linen or clean paper.
8. Seal boxes completely with packing tape to keep out the dust.
9. For further protection, cover electronics with moving pads, sheets or light blankets.
10. Make a list of the components in each box. With luck you’ll be putting all this back together — make sure you’ve got all the parts before you start assembling.
SprintMover – Moving Company
Address : 1814 S Bundy Dr #10 , Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone : (888) 858-1511