This might sound familiar: it is probably the night before you finally move and everyone is fast asleep, but for some unknown reason you are up all night and sweating bullets. You have this eerie feeling that you’re forgetting something, but you just can’t figure out what. You know you’ve done everything you needed to do for the entire moving and storage process, you know you’ve also kept the last minute items to just pick and go when the time comes, but there’s still something worrying you. Want to know why you feel that way? You probably forgot to do one of the most important things of the three top golden tips of moving – creating a “night before the move” checklist.
Creating a moving list is easy, but the best part about having one is the guarantee of having a peaceful nights sleep without that eerie feeling. At least, it will save you the stress of racking your brain to remember what you feel you’ve forgotten.
There’s a huge difference between the checklist you’ll create during the months and weeks leading to the move. And of course, the checklist for the night before the move will look the most different. You must be wondering why you need to have so many checklists. The truth is, it is really your choice to have as many checklists as you want. Sometimes, people just prefer working with one or two lists and successfully accomplish all what they’d planned for. But in some cases, people need to have more lists right from a few months before the move. No matter how many lists you decide to have, be sure to have a checklist for the night before the move, in order to ensure smooth sailing on the moving day. Here is a list of a few things you should be concerned about on the night before the movers arrive to help you move your belongings to your new home:
– Make sure you’ve contacted your moving and storage company to check if everything is in place for the next day.
– Confirm that you’ve contacted your local utility services and scheduled for the phone, gas, water and electricity to be shut off once you’ve moved out.
– You must’ve submitted a change in address form to the USPS online by now. If you haven’t crossed it off your list, give it more priority.
– If you are moving your refrigerator on the moving day, make sure that you’ve defrosted its freezer at least 24 hours in advance.
– Double check the arrival time of the movers with the rental or moving and storage company you’ve hired.
– Check to see if you’ve completed your packing. Separate the boxes containing the fragile items. Keep everything where you can easily point them out to the movers on the moving day. If the moving and storage company is going to do the packing for you, make sure you’ve grouped everything separately the way you’ll want it packed.
Have the money ready for the moving and storage services whether you’re paying through credit card, money order or check. Do the same if you’re going by the DIY route or renting a truck on your own.
Confirm all lodging and travel reservations.
SprintMover – Moving Company
Address : 1814 S Bundy Dr #10 , Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone : (888) 858-1511