Before you move, the last few weeks can be stressful and busy while you juggle work, family, activities, and, of course, the big move. You’ve pretty much packed up your belongings or sent them to storage. Hunger pangs plague you after a long day, but the majority of your pots and pans already disappeared into the abyss of boxes. Going out for dinner or ordering take-out depletes your already thinning wallet. What are you going to eat?! Check out this list for easy one-pot meals and chow down.
- Crockpot Making a meal in a crockpot couldn’t be easier or more convenient. Find crockpot recipes online, via friends and family or in a cookbook, add your ingredients, close the lid and turn on. When you return for dinner, your meal is prepared and ready to eat.
- Chili All you need for a warming bowl of chili are beans, ground meat, a can of tomatoes and spices from your cupboard or a premade spice packet. Add onions and peppers while cooking the meat and sour cream, cheese and hot sauce as garnishes.
- Omelet/Frittata Eggs are “eggstra” easy. Any which way, eggs work in one pan for an omelet, frittata or old school scrambled or sunny side up eggs. Eggs, cheese, meat and vegetables – so many combinations for a simple yet satisfying meal.
- Soup/Stew Soups and stews are versatile, nutritious meals that can be the star of the show or a supplement to a greater meal. Chockful of protein and vegetables, depending on what you include, you’ll get a good meal out of one pot. Most recipes are easy to follow in endless varieties from every ethnicity. Give them a try!
- Grilling Even a snowstorm can’t keep cooks away from their grills. Most likely, your grill will be one of the last items to go in the moving van, so use it until you lose it. Grill meat and vegetables for a taste of summer year-round.
- Casserole/Potpies Enjoy baking? Try a casserole or pot pie and bake away. A good way to use leftover roast or rotisserie chicken is to make a pot pie with a bag of frozen vegetables, can of Cream of Chicken soup and pie crust on top.
- Baked Potato Baked potatoes are easy to roast in the oven or reheat in the microwave. Add your choice of toppings like cheese or vegetables – even the leftover chili you made from before – for an easy meal that doesn’t even require a pot!
- Stir Fry Take a peek in your fridge for vegetables, meat, spices – a stir fry can accommodate it all for a healthy, quick meal that only involves you and your wok! http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/quick-recipes/slideshow/quick-stir-fry-recipes
- Sandwiches You don’t need much for a tasty sandwich beyond bread and probably can find the ingredients right at home. Lunch or dinner – it can’t be beat when you’re ready to eat!
- Salad A bag or head of lettuce, vegetables, croutons, salad dressing – even cheese and meat, and you have dinner. Ideal for hot weather!
- Pizza Most people order pizza, but many people make pizzas – even on the grill. Let your kids help by adding their favorite toppings and join in on the fun!
- Cereal/Oatmeal Okay, I know what you’re thinking – CEREAL?! Who eats breakfast for dinner unless they’re desperate? But, wait – cereal and/or oatmeal are available in healthy varieties. Just add milk and fresh or dried fruit to the mix.
SprintMover – Moving Company
Address : 1814 S Bundy Dr #10 , Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone : (888) 858-1511